please read these terms carefully before using my site or services.
Please read these terms carefully before using my site or services.
1.1. We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of pranaandpoetry.com visitors, service users, and individual customers.
1.2. This policy applies where we are acting as a data controller with respect to the personal data of such persons; in other words,
where we determine the purposes and means of the processing of that personal data.
1.4. In this policy, "we", "us" and "our" refer to the owner of Prana and Poetry: Payal Patel.
1.5. This Agreement shall be effective immediately upon visiting, using or interacting with (collectively referred to as “using” or “visiting”) our website. By using our website, the user accepts to be bound by the terms included herein and shall remain effective so long as the user avails itself of the website’s Services.
1.6. We may change or amend this Agreement at any time. Any changes to this Agreement will be posted on our website and will be effective when published unless otherwise stated. If you use our website or Services after the effective date of any changes, then you agree to comply with the changes and the entire Agreement.
1.8. Data Protection says that we are allowed to collect and use your personal data only where we have a proper reason to do so.
The law says we must have one or more of these reasons:
- Contract: your personal information is processed in order to fulfil a contractual arrangement e.g. to place an order or book a class.
- Consent: where you agree to us using your information in this way e.g. for storing your payment card details.
- Legitimate Interests: this means the interests of Prana and Poetry in managing our business to allow us to provide you with the best products and service in the most secure and appropriate way.
- Legal Obligation: where there is statutory or other legal requirement to share the information e.g. when we have to share your information for law enforcement purposes.
1.9. Age of Consent.
By using the Service, you represent that you are at least 18 years of age.
1.10. Email Communication and Opting Out
We will send you Service-related announcements on occasions when it is necessary to do so. For instance, if our Service is temporarily suspended for maintenance, or a new enhancement is released, which will affect the way you use our Service, we might send you an email. Generally, you may not opt-out of these communications, which are not promotional in nature. Based upon the Personal Information that you provide us, we may communicate with you in response to your enquiries to provide the services you request and to manage your account. We will communicate with you by email, messenger or telephone, in accordance with your wishes. We may also use your Personal Information to send you updates and other promotional communications. If you no longer wish to receive those email updates, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each update or communication.
1.11. Contact Us and Withdrawing Consent.
4. Educational and Information Purposes
All of the information provided on our website and contained in our products, whether for purchase or not, is for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing on our website claims to guarantee accurate, complete, reliable or up-to-date information.
1.12. Warranties and Guarantees
We strive to provide the most accurate information possible. However, we cannot ensure that our content is completely free from error or that it is timeless. As such, we do not give any warranty or other assurance as to the accuracy, completeness, timeliness, lack of errors, or fitness for particular purposes of any of the content or materials contained within and placed on our website, products, or other publications. To the maximum extent of the law, we provide our website and Services “as is” without any warranties, representations, or guarantees, whether express, implied, or otherwise.
1.13. Earnings and Results
We make no guarantee of any kind regarding the potential income or results that can be generated through the use of our Services, products or website. From time to time, we may publish testimonials from clients - however, please keep in mind that past results are not an indication or promise of your results.
1.14. Limitation of Liability
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable laws, we disclaim liability for any injuries, losses, or damages of whatever nature arising from the following, either directly, indirectly or consequentially: loss of use, loss of data, damage by Virus, loss or damage to property, claims of third-parties.
5. Security and Indemnification
In order to maintain the security of your Personal Information, we have taken reasonable methods to prevent unauthorised access and maintain accuracy of all Personal Information collected by our website. Physical and technical methods of protection include limited numbers of internal personnel accessing your Personal Information, and password protecting documents or logs that contain Personal Information. Transmission of information over the internet is not fully secure. As such, we cannot guarantee that any information you submit to us will be accessible to only us as the intended recipients. Any transmission is at your own risk. However, we do our best to protect your data and any information you provide. Nevertheless, if there is a security breach on behalf of an unauthorised party, you agree to indemnify us and hold us harmless for any and all claims against the unauthorised party. We strive to prevent the introduction of malware, malicious code, and viruses to our website and our users (collectively referred to as “viruses”). However, due to the inherent nature of the internet, we are unable to guarantee or warrant that our websites, products, content or other Services are completely free from viruses. As such, we will not be liable for any damages or harm that is attributable to viruses that may arise after use of our website or Services. It is your responsibility to take reasonable measures to prevent the intrusion of viruses onto your hardware and software, and taking appropriate steps to ensure your computer and web browser are not exposed to the risk of interference or damage from viruses. Your use of our website, products and Services is completely voluntary. As such, you shall indemnify us and hold us and our agents and affiliates harmless for any damages or injury that may arise from your use of our website, products and Services, which include, but are not limited to, issues regarding the confidentiality and security of your Personal Information.
- Information in exchange for products or services: From time to time, we ask for personal information, such as names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, credit card numbers, account information and/or billing addresses in an exchange for our
product, content, or Services.
- Analytics - This website collects data, such as visitor location and times, in order to help us analyse user data and better serve our users. From time to time, our website may collect data such as cookies, pixel tags, clickstreams, and other modern
technology to collect information such as browser type, web pages viewed, links clicked, and other actions you may take
either on our website or via social media accounts and e-mails associated with us. This information may be used from time to
time to help us personalise your experience or for security purposes. Cookies are pieces of data from a web server to your
web browser and saved on your hard drive. Cookies do not contain personally identifiable information, such as your name or
contact information. You may adjust your browser settings with regards to the collection of internet cookies - for example,
- Log Files: Modern websites often collect user data in the form of log files. This is a modern way to log when and from where a user enters our website. This data may include information such as internet protocol (IP) addresses, browsers, date and time stamps, referral links through which you entered our website, demographic information, and the number of clicks a user
makes on our site. This information is separate from Personal Information described above, and does not include information
that is personal to you on an individual level. This information is used to track general traffic flow and usage of our website, in addition to other trends and statistics such as the number of visitors to a certain page on our website.
- Transaction Information: When you download or purchase a product from our website, certain information may be collected,
such as the date of the purchase and product details. This information is collected and used for internal purposes only, in
order to enhance the general user experience. If you purchase one of our products, certain data is required to fulfil your
request, such as credit card numbers/expirations/security codes, billing information and addresses, post codes, and names,
which will be processed through a third-party payment program. This information will not be shared intentionally with any
party other than the third-party programs responsible for processing your payment and procuring payment to us.
- Third-Party Information: From time to time, we may receive information from third party plug ins or programs such as Paypal,
Google, Wix, or through social media platforms.
8. Information May be Collected in One or More of the Following Ways:
- Provided by you, the user: Our website may ask you to input Personal Information from time to time. For instance, we
request your e-mail address and name to send you a protected piece of content or may ask for your e-mail address when you
have a question relating to customer service or consultations.
- Collected from internet browsers or devices: From time to time, data is collected and sent to us automatically by your web
browser or device. Information collected in this category tends to include your IP address, links clicked, pages visited, and
time stamps of visits. This information tends not to be personally identifiable.
monitor and aggregate web traffic to our site. This site may also use web beacons, pixels, and social media widgets to help us
understand browsing activity and traffic patterns. This information helps us improve our website, Services, and the user’s online
experience. For example, social media widgets may be placed on our website by third-party social media platforms to allow
you to interact with our social media accounts. These modern technologies may also collect browsing data, although the
collection and use of data amongst these third-parties is subject to their control and respective privacy policies. Please see
1.15. Links to Other Websites
9. Information Used
By Using Our Website, You Hereby Agree that any and all Information Collected in Section 8 Hereto may be Used for the Following Purposes:
- To provide content, products, and other Services to you;
- To process and fulfil any purchases or orders, which may include sending e-mails to you;
- To communicate with you, such as via e-mail, including promotional e-mails, newsletters, and product attachments;
- To provide customer service and manage individual accounts;
- To provide a you with a personalised online experience;
- To grant you access to certain content and services online;
- To educate us on our user’s tendencies and preferences;
- To fulfil a contract we have with you;
- To optimise our website and our users’ experience;
- To prevent, mitigate, and investigate security breaches;
- To verify or authenticate information;
- To respond to lawful requests from government authorities, if applicable;
- To resolve disputes with users;
- To prevent fraud or security issues;
- To fulfil or enforce our agreements with third-parties;
- To protect our legitimate business interests, which include but are not limited to: i) providing or administering Services to you and our users; ii) maintaining records; iii) analysing data for business purposes and quality assurance; iv) communicating with you regarding the administration of Services and our obligations associated therewith; v) legal purposes, such as in dispute resolution, litigation, investigations, or regulatory purposes.
1.16. The Personal Information Collected and Used may be Shared with Certain Third-Parties. Personal Information may be Shared in the Following Ways:
- Service providers: Personal Information may be shared with third-party programs, platforms, and providers in exchange for data, analytics, reports, or confidentiality agreements. Third-party providers include, but are not limited to, the following:
website hosts, e-commerce platforms, payment providers and payment processors, website plugins, e-mail servicing
programs, marketing consultants, and brand advisors. These third-party providers shall only collect, use, maintain and share
your information to the extent that doing so furthers the services they provide to us. Any use beyond that scope shall be
deemed an unauthorised use, of which you hereby agree to indemnify us.
- Social sharing: Personal Information may be shared by you if you elect to post content on our website, social media pages, or
accounts. Your Personal Information may also be disclosed when you elect to connect your social media accounts to your
- Asset Sale or Transfer: Personal Information may also be shared in the event of a merger, acquisition, asset sale, or other
transfer of our business and assets.
- Legal and/or Regulatory Disclosures: Personal Information may also be shared if necessary to further a legal, regulatory, audit,
or professional investigation.
1.17. The Personal Information that is collected will be stored in a commercially reasonable manner for as long as is necessary to protect our legitimate business interests, and to comply with applicable Law. We reserve the right to collect and store your Personal Information to the extent that is not prohibited by Law. We do not sell or license your personal information to third-parties for their own marketing or commercial purposes without your consent.
10. Choice and Opt-Out
- Cookies and Behavioural Based Advertising: We may work with third-parties, such as Google and Facebook, for marketing,
advertising and other legitimate business purposes. For information as to how you can opt-out of some of these advertising
services, be sure to change your internet browser’s settings to block cookies or ask permission before collecting cookies.
- E-mail Marketing: We may, from time to time, require your e-mail address and other Personal Information to use our
Services. If you do not want us to contact you via e-mail for promotional purposes, account management, updates, or product
information, then you can elect not to share your e-mail address with us (although it may nevertheless be necessary to utilise a
certain Service). At any time, you may manage your e-mail subscription preferences by contacting us at
email@example.com at the link on the bottom of each e-mail sent by us.
- Google Analytics: In order to opt out of Google Analytics, you may visit: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- European Union: Residents of the European Union may have the following rights with respect to the collection and use of
their Personal Information: i) right to review, verify, correct, and request erasure of your Personal Information that we collect
and store; ii) limit, restrict, or object to the use of your Personal Information under certain circumstances; iii) the right to
request the transfer of your Personal Information to another party under certain circumstances. For more information
regarding your rights to your Personal Information in the European Union, please visit:
11. Intellectual Property and Stock Photography
- Stock Photography: This website may use free stock photography as part of its design. All stock images used have an
irrevocable, non-exclusive copyright license to download, copy, distribute, use and modify the photos for free, including for
commercial purposes. Use of said stock photography is permissible under applicable laws without permission from the
photographer or attributing the work to the photographer.
- Intellectual Property: This website, content and products contain intellectual property owned by us and by third-parties that
license some intellectual property to us. This Agreement is intellectual property owned by us. Other examples of intellectual
property found on our website and within our products and Services include, but are not limited to: trademarks, service marks,
layout, logos, business name, design, text, written copy, certain images, podcast recordings, videos, audio files, and all of our
paid products (collectively referred to as “Intellectual Property”). You shall not copy, publish, transmit, transfer, sell, create
derivative works from, reproduce, or in any way exploit any of the Intellectual Property owned by us and the third-parties
described within this Section in either whole or part without prior written consent.
- Amendments: We reserve the right to amend this Agreement from time to time. You are bound by any changes made after
the publication of the changes on our website. We will take reasonable efforts to notify you of any changes that are made.
- Headings aand Severability: Headings are included for convenience purposes only and shall not affect the construction of this Agreement. If any portion of this Agreement is held to be unenforceable, it shall not affect the remaining portions of the
Agreement, which shall remain in full effect. If any portion of this Agreement is held to be unenforceable, then the
unenforceable portion shall be construed in compliance with applicable law in a light most favourable to the original
intentions of the parties. If the unenforceable portion of the Agreement is found by a competent court of this jurisdiction to be
contrary to law, then it shall be changed and interpreted to best reflect the original intentions of the parties, and all other
provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
- Entire Agreement: This Agreement reflects the entire agreement between the parties. This Agreement trumps any other
existing negotiations, communications or Agreements between the parties, whether written, oral, or electronic, and is the full
extent of the Agreement between the parties.
- All Rights Reserved: All rights not expressly granted in this Agreement are reserved by us.
Refund Policy: Due to the nature of the products and Services provided, and the electronic transmission of same, you hereby agree and acknowledge that all sales are final. You agree and acknowledge that your purchase of any product or Service is non-refundable, under any circumstances.
1.18. Limited License: You acknowledge that any and all products or Services that you download are for your own personal and internal business use. You shall not copy, reproduce, transmit, modify, edit, create derivative works from, alter, sell, or share with others any products or Services that you purchase or download from our website, without prior written consent or unless provided otherwise. We grant you a limited, personal, non-exclusive and non-transferable license to use the Products for your personal and internal business use.
14. Changes to this Privacy Notice
This privacy notice may change from time to time in line with legislation or industry developments. I will not explicitly inform students or website users of these changes. Instead, I recommend that you check this page periodically for any policy changes.
Address: London, United Kingdom, W5.
Last Updated: September 2022