5 Quotes to Awaken Your Warrior Spirit
Empowering the inner feminine body
I'm a big believer in being your own hero, even though I draw on many fictional but few real life heroes for inner support and guidance. What would they do if they were in my difficult circumstance? What is it like to take a step in the direction of courage and bravery?
Listening to and using our own inner intelligence or 'buddhi' and putting ourselves in our external hero's shoes is a way to continue to cultivate our own warrior spirit.
Giving up when the road gets tough has never been an option for me. I am on the warrior's path. Don't mistake this for physical strength and external show. No. This is a much tougher, darker journey. It is about having the endurance to look at the violence within, to confront the inner terror, the shadows which produce real life monsters on the outside. To defeat them with the power of our self-knowledge, and consciously engaging with our emotional body landscape is an act of warriorship. As taught in the Vedas, this feminine aspect is our Shakti, our innate strength and true power.
Here are a few messages to inspire you on the path to awaken the warrior's spirit:
5 inspiring quotes:
1) 'This wolf-woman Self must have freedom to move, to speak, to be angry, and to create.'
― Clarissa Pinkola Estés
2) 'I will have my voice: Indian, Spanish, white. I will have my serpent’s tongue—my woman’s voice, my sexual voice, my poet’s voice. I will overcome the tradition of silence.'
—Gloria E. Anzaldúa
3) You must have complete determination.The worst opponent you can come across is one whose aim has become an obsession.
― Bruce Lee, The Warrior Within
4) 'Nothing I accept about myself can be used against me to diminish me.'
― Audre Lorde
5) Kill therefore with the sword of wisdom
the doubt born of ignorance that lies in thy heart.
Be one in self-harmony, in Yoga,
and arise, great warrior, arise.
— Krishna, Bhagavad Gita
#warriorspirit #inspiringquotes #warrior #mindset #heroesjourney